Monday 19 March 2018

Eiyuu no Musume Prologue Part 02

  • Note: this is the LN version, not the WN version, this part is equal to the chapter 2 of the WN ver.
  • Thanks Send in the Killer Clowns for editing this part.


Prologue: The Beginning of the End

Part 2

It’s both bright and also dark in this strange place that I’m currently in.

In this place, my field of vision is filled with colours that I can’t recognise as either white or black, and it isn't grey either. I also can't distinguish between the top and bottom of this place.

I’d been an Assassin for many years. In my last years, I spent my everyday life adventuring along with the other heroes. My job in the heroes’ party was as a Scout, and I was extremely good at my job.

Even with my perception, I still can’t grasp this situation at all.

“Hello~”

“Who is it!?”

Suddenly, I heard a lazy voice.

I couldn’t tell whose voice it was or where it came from, however the voice’s owner had appeared right before my eyes.

As if pushing its way through the white and black clouds, it revealed itself as the silhouette of a small person.

Although it’s standing in front of me, I still can’t feel its presence at all.

No, on the contrary, I can only understand that it’s a woman, but I can’t recognise her face at all.

I can now see her face: Silver hair, red eyes, and beautiful white skin. Even with those characteristics, I still can’t recognise who she is.

“Who are you?”

 “Me? I am a god.”

She introduced herself as a god. With such a contemptible voice, I really cannot feel her dignity.

No, I don’t remember the nature of her voice. Although I can only understand that her voice is beautiful, it doesn’t leave any impression in my memory.

“What does this mean? Why can’t I remember…?”

“Ah, that? That is happening because of me. Because I am a god, somehow. When you looked directly at me, you lost your sanity, right?”

“Sanity… What?”



“No~, you do not need to worry about that. In other words, you can think that I am inhibiting your recognition senses in such a manner.”

“Is this space too…?”

“Of course, yes.”

So, this being before me; this existence who has introduced herself as a god, is affecting my ability to recall.

Normally, I wouldn't believe the vague words she said, but for some reason, I decided to believe her.

After all, I was in the edge of death.

So, it isn't strange to meet a god after death, is it?

“There's no doubt that I'm dead, is there?”

“Well, no. Without doubt, you are definitely, completely, none other than perfectly, dead!”

“Perhaps, I didn’t want that affirmation.”

My former comrade, Maria, who is proficient in healing magic, is able to heal and recover every wound and injury unless the wounded or injured perishes.

However, resurrection of the dead is designated as a prohibited technique, and that technique is still sealed hitherto.

I remember, it is said that souls are always meant to be circulating. And the doctrine doesn't permit anything in this world to stop the cycle artificially.

Moreover, Maria does not know the method to perform this technique. This leads me to the inevitable conclusion that my revival would be impossible.

“I see, that means I will be returned to the circulation of souls.”

"Well, you can think of it in that way, too."

While singing merrily, the god danced, whirling whirling.

Her prevarication had left me feeling that her very words possessed some deeper meaning.

“I don’t understand. Are you saying that there is some way for the dead to be resurrected?”

“As a matter of fact, resurrection is impossible. However, that does not mean there is no alternative to it. You have such an excellent comrade there.”

“Huh?”

The god then puts her hands to her mouth and laughs, “Mufufu”. How unpleasant of her to laugh at my confusion.

"No, it is nothing. But do let me say one thing."

“What is it?”

“Welcome to a New Horizon! Let us welcome it magnificently!”

“Haah??”

I'm lost for words with how much of a crazy god she is. I really want to punch her hard.

Subsequent to my retort, dizziness struck me and my eyes’ vision became darker and darker.

I don't know whether I’m standing or sitting, but my field of vision is now completely like a marble pattern; like the pattern of milk that has been poured into a cup of tea.

“Wh, what?”

“It seems that the technique will start soon. Oh,Oh, I do enjoy using loopholes like this secret path.”

“My body, what the heck is this?”

“You are about to go back to your original world. Well, I have interfered with the success rate just a little bit though."

“So–"

“Ah, speaking about interference, giving you a bonus seems fitting.”

The self-proclaimed god still persisted with her ambiguous jabber.

It was as if my consciousness was abruptly stopped with a snap, and I sank into the darkness.






9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the chapter!
    I found the post after I read the manga you translated on some website. It seems that your translation group is not listed on Novelupdates.
    It might be a good option to add your group and your projects on Novelupdates since you're now translating a novel.
    It will help us to check on your updates along with inviting more viewer and support :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the advice,
      will do that immediately ^^

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you were translating this novel, schwerer pz is a bastion of good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for uploading this to Novelupdates! There was someone already translating it before, but they were terrible. It was very confusing trying to get through the dialogue with their version.

    I already have read the 1st 9 chapters as done by the inferior translators, but I will most certainly be looking for updates from your group preferentially due to the far better translation quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for translating this fanfic! Wow, even though it's just a fanfic, it was written so well, as if it's the original work. **wink**

    ReplyDelete
  5. so that's how yuuri looks like, she's cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She actualy looks wilder than i thought, also since when did she become god?

      Delete